My Favorite Nature Place

I love being outside and I don't really have a specific favorite place that I like to go to. So I will talk about my favorite ecosystem.
A few years ago I visited Costa Rica and spent some time in the jungles there. Costa Rica has many different types of forests and I fell in love with the cloud forests of Monteverde. Cloud forests are jungles found in mountainous regions and are frequently shrouded in fog, or clouds. I loved how mysterious and exciting it felt. There were so many plants and trees growing together and on top of each other in a huge tangle of green. I was fascinated by how so many species of plants and animals could coexists so close together. And I loved the dampness of it all. It was warm and humid, very much like a sauna. I felt so small being surrounded by such tall massive trees and it was very interesting not knowing what kinds of creatures were lurking lurking about, watching me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Does Your Compost Go?

Ready for Wildfire

Life Cycle of the Salmon